Join MBIRA’s Handei kuMBIRA Club and get free music, too! Or give a gift membership.
Receive an entire album of traditional Shona music on the 1st of every month – a new release! These new releases include both musicians recorded for the first time, new recordings of senior musicians we always want to hear more of, and selections from the MBIRA archives not released before.
AND, in addition to the monthly album, you receive 2 archival unreleased tracks (sometimes more) from the MBIRA archive only available to club members. Handei kuMBIRA Club membership is the only way to get these rare and treasured recordings! And, at least once a year, you’ll get an extra free album, too (sometimes 2 free albums!!!).
- Monthly album download on the 1st of the month following your club subscription, a new release. A download link is emailed to your inbox.
- Bonus unreleased tracks not available any other way.
- Periodic loyalty bonuses (an extra free album every year!).
- Keep up to date with the latest releases.
- A growing mbira library to train your ear and expand your understanding of the music.
- That deep satisfaction knowing that you are truly making a difference in Zimbabwean musicians’ lives. If this beautiful musical tradition has touched your life profoundly, this is an opportunity to reciprocate the blessings and help a culture to thrive and flourish in the face of modernization, climate change and other survival challenges. Some club members think of this as tithing.
- Gift opportunity. Give a gift subscription, learn how below.
Only $20 per month gets you all these things! For less than the amount many people spend on coffee in a month, you can expand your musical library and support the richly deep musical tradition you love. Our organization has not only supported mbira makers and players in their work, but we also provide a beacon for the future mbira masters of Zimbabwe. When the youth can see that mbira making and playing is a viable way to support their family, they are encouraged to pick up the mbira and carry the tradition of their ancestors into the future. You can help make this happen!
We encourage you to subscribe for a little more than $20 a month – if you do, the additional donation will go to MBIRA’s Musicians Fund, to be divided among many MBIRA musicians in Zimbabwe who earn less than $100 this year!
How to Give a Friend a Subscription – the Perfect Gift!
To give a friend a subscription to the Handei kuMBIRA Club, just subscribe, and then email us to let us know what email address to deliver the download links to (instead of yours), and that it is a gift.